Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Pianist



The Pianist is a film directed by Roman Polanski based on a true story of a professional pianist named Wladyslaw Szpilman. Szpilman was a pianist who plays for radio stations and restaurants. On top of that, Szpilman and his family were Jews living in Warsaw during the start of WW2. This story shows on how Szpilman went through some tough times during the German invasion in Warsaw. In this movie, we can see the cruelty of the Nazis towards to Jewish community at that time. Jews being murdered again and again despite no harm was demonstrated by the Jews. In my opinion, some of the acts in this movie portrayed by the Nazis were absolutely disgusting. I do believe that the Jews might harm the world's economy and having a conspiracy of their own, but to label the Jews with armbands, throwing an old man out the balcony is just pure evil.

A scene in the movie where some of the Jews are about to be killed.


Apart from the violence, viewers may rate this movie as a very emotional piece. I myself shed a few tears when I was watching from a different view away from the others. One may also benefit some values from this film as it shows the ups and downs of life, what it feels like to be separated from ones family by force, to live in hunger, poor shelters and many more. From my point of view, this film has taught me a lot. It is a very good piece and I recommend that you watch it, if you haven't that is.









No comments:

Post a Comment